There is so much I want to blog about and I think about it ALL the time. When it comes down to it, I haven't and don't have the time to do it. I'm going to let myself let go of the pressure to blog for now. It's silly, because I haven't been good at it for quite a while, but I literally do think about it everyday. I live my life and take pictures all thinking about how I'm going to blog about it. I don't know if that makes sense, or if I'm the only one who's like that, but I definitely do. Anyway, I was up in the middle of the night last night, like usual, and told myself I was going to put blogging last on my list. If I get to it great, but I'm not going to think about it or feel obligated. Don't let this rant stop you from inquiring about us or dropping a comment saying you want an update. I like to know people are thinking of us, and I'll make sure to do one if people are curious, and I know most of you are, but for now, I'm feeling overwhelmed and tired.
I have taken very few pics, I'm too busy, and there's really not much to document. Also, there's the whole secretive, have to get permission to post stuff aspect too, so until I can go get some approved, these are what you get.
 |
| There are display planes everywhere. These were at night when we first got here. |
 |
| It's pretty cool to see them all over the place. We're excited to check them all out. |
 |
| Hard to see, but there is a squirrel on the top of that wall. This was the first morning here and we were all excited to see one in our backyard. What we didn't know was they are ALL over. I think I see at least 30 a day. We also see at least two coyotes a day, up close and personal too (not like we're trying to be friendly though), not from a distance. |
 |
| Charlie's hair is still the main focus whenever someone meets us, or not, strangers like it too |
 |
| We've seen our share of beautiful sunsets |
 |
| I am a part of a photog and this was my pic for "Orange". I bought myself this little flower pot and they make me happy. :) |
 |
| We took the boys to Chucky "Jesus" (as we call it) and when I asked if I could take a picture this is what I got |
 |
| Holding his ear...cute |
 |
| New outfit from our old Primary president. Gonna miss the people in our old ward! |
 |
| It's funny to see Jake get ready and prep his clothes. I'm used to him always wearing jeans and a polo and being able to just roll out of bed, get dressed and go. He was always overdressed compared to his co-workers too. We have entered a new chapter. It takes over an hour easily to prepare just one uniform to be worn. That's not everyday, but it does need to be checked, ironed, and prepped in any other way. Then the morning of, that's a lot of time too. |
 |
| Everyday in the morning and in the evening music is played throughout the whole base to show the start and end of the day. If you are outside, you are stop whatever you are doing and show respect, yes, even if you are driving. The boys like to run outside when they hear it just so they can stand like a soldier. |
 |
| There have been lots of "newcomer" meetings. This pic is courtesy of Luke as we try to keep him busy with our phones. |
 |
| Luke made the biggest cracker sandwich ever!! The cause of much excitement in our house. |
I'll try to update more when I can, but I'm not gonna stress. Just to answer the question, we are not in our house and do not have our stuff that was packed up. We are staying in TLF, temporary living facility, which is like a hotel, but because we are a family, we have a furnished house. We might be here for several months while waiting for a house to open up for us. It's not too bad because I tried to pack accordingly, and we get our beds made and fresh towels when we want, so who can complain about that. I am going a little cabin crazy though, and also feel like I should always be doing something like crafting, going through files, decluttering, etc, but we don't have any of our stuff. So I have a lot of time, and nothing to do, but at the same time, am busy adjusting to base. The stores open at really limited hours, needing to plan meals and buy lots of new spices and supplies to even make a simple meal. Lots of changes, lots of fun, and yes, all we care about is that we are all together again!! :)
Love the update! Thanks for sharing! Miss you and I'll miss seeing you when we are in Az. next week!
ReplyDeleteLove the update! Thanks for sharing! Miss you and I'll miss seeing you when we are in Az. next week!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are all together now! Thanks for the update...your kids are such cuties!
ReplyDeleteSeeing that pic of JJ outside for flag down brouht the tune straight into my head. Da Da Dum...Da Da Dum... Da Da Dum.. Da Da Dum.. Da Da Dum... Da Da Dumm...Da Da Dummm... Da Da Dum. You know what I mean! :) I heard it all growing up too!
ReplyDeleteHi Tiffany!
ReplyDeleteCame across your blog today - glad you're family's doing well in Cali. Your words were good to read - I think we all put pressure on ourselves to keep up with our self-assigned projects, but you're right not to be hard on yourself. For years and years I'd leave space in my journals to "catch up" and then never would go back and fill it in. I finally made an executive decision a couple months ago not to do that anymore.
That said, all the best to you and your family!