Thursday, September 15, 2011

Videos from April

Okay, here are some videos from April...

  • One is of Luke at bat for t-ball and running to first base and high fiving dad. 
  • Another is to be submitted for my "Mother of the Year Award". You might notice a lot of pictures or videos around this time either taken from the same spot in the house (laying on the couch), or with me in the background, laying on the couch.  That's where I was for a few months.  Luke would get really bored.  We had to find new ways to entertain ourselves. The end.
  • The last is my lovely experience at the DES office.  My paperwork was due and after having tried to fax and call the office with no luck at all for the whole week, I finally had to peel myself up off the couch and go into the office on the last day that it was due.  I have had my share of unhappy experiences at DES offices, but this one took the cake.  I went when they first opened, and thought I might be there at the most for a couple of hours, and was dumb enough to not bring anything for Luke to do or eat.  Once there, I learned that all their services were down except for going into the office, and that it wasn't necessarily first come first serve.  The office opens at 8am and people wait outside starting at 5 am just to get in for the day.  There were more people than the waiting room could handle.   People were just nasty.  There was an area of about 4 chairs for elderly and handicap people and I saw people yelling and finger pointing about who was more needy for those chairs.  They were defending their ailments.  If I had had a chair, I would have given it up, but Luke and I stood for hours, until I could find a spot to sit on the floor.  Luke played on my phone until the batteries were about to run out, and then I had the problem of figuring out what to do about JJ.  He was about to get out of school, and I had to stay in case my name was called. We had been there over 5 hours, and I frantically tried to find a friend to get JJ before my phone died.  Luke was tired, I was sick, we were bored, we needed to eat, and it was emotionally draining to be there.  Luckily, I found an awesome friend who missed some of work to help me out. I also made it through all those hours without being sick in front of the whole crowd. I held it until we were in the parking lot.  I took a video scanning the room, so that I could show you some of the craziness. Picture at least another 50 people outside because there is no room.  It doesn't capture it all though.  I was counting my blessings the whole time. Humbling experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment