Monday, September 12, 2011

Blog catch up April Summary :)

We have had one of the most challenging, busy, crazy, and fun years of our lives this past year.  I decided to just do one post for each month to get you all caught up on our fun, well, mostly to document for journaling, but I'll let you in on our fun.  :)  Each of these will be super long, hopefully not too much writing, and they might bore you to death. I'm excited to get back to blogging....

Here's some random things we do with our time....

buckets on heads,

putting our feet up and napping, 

making huge messes and then cleaning them up, 

lounging on daddy, facing away from the tv with a guitar, but making sure we can still see the show, 

more lounging...
In April, Jake's grandmother, "Gammy", fell ill with pneumonia and her health faded rather quickly.  We had my parents watch the boys, and we drove up to Cottonwood, where she had been visiting one of her daughters and family before she got sick.  We rode with Jake's dad and brother and ended up going through the windy mountain areas.  I was still pretty sick at this time, so I had my trusty bucket, and unfortunately for everyone else had to use it.  We were so glad that we were able to go and see her.  She could not talk and wasn't all there consciously, but she reacted to us being there.  I felt a strong urge to take some pictures, but was nervous about offending anyone.  I'm glad I did.  I think they are sweet.  The only sibling who couldn't come was Jake's sister because she was away at college.  They were some sweet moments. 

Jake kissing his Gammy

We were having some car problems, so we went to  Jake's dad's work and Luke got busy making calls and working on the computer

Again with the napping in weird places

We watched a lot of JJ playing baseball.  Here Luke is sporting my glasses.  

Jake's job takes him to different places to work on their water heaters and  he has to go to this particular  one often...one time I had to go meet him at this location to switch off the kids, and I recognized it.  Jake had not remembered, but we ate at this restaurant on our honeymoon.  I just found it funny that all these years later, he goes there often to work in the kitchen.  :)

We went to a horse riding birthday party

Luke waited patiently for a long, long time, and finally got to ride. 

He was happy about it. 

JJ had a turn to go too. 

It was hot, but the food kept us cool. 

JJ and a friend.  I took this picture to document his sweet hair style.  He  would do this all the time to his hair  and loved it! He thought it was so cool. Um, ya. 


We went with Jake's family to the Arizona Broadway Theatre  to see Jake's best friend Geoff star in The Full Monty.  We had never seen that show, so it was an experience! :) Geoff did great like always, and we had fun eating dinner and watching the show.  

The Easter bunny came and ate some of our carrots.  He even left some for our  pet bunnies, may they now rest in peace (posts for later). :)




As always, my children's blurred faces

Pure joy

This time he slept clinging to daddy's baseball  mask.

We met with Jake's family on Easter and some boys played  a little toy golf. 

The boys had an egg hunt at Jake's parents' house. 

I had to go to the DES office and apply for insurance....always a really fun experience.  This was THE WORST experience ever!! I'll explain more with a video later, but here is Luke sprawled on my legs, sobbing, hungry, and tired. 

We decided it was time to trade in this car, which was very good    to us.

For this car...

Another truck? I know, it was Jake's doing.  This made 7 cars in 7 years of marriage. 

Luke played with his Easter gifts.  He made that face all by himself. 

JJ with his lovely self styled hair. 


I know, it's long, but we were going for "Beiber " hair


Jake took his sister to a spring training game and they noticed they were sitting a few rows in front of Luis Gonzales.   They just had to get a signature.  

We celebrated pi day with pie and a pizza pie. 


This was from Luke days, but from Jake's phone.  A UAV, unmanned aerial vehicle, a plane with no pilot it in, all done by computers.  Jake had to design one for his senior project. 

Our little ball player. 


And our helper. 




Who knows what these are, but it does show their really long hair.

The sad location of where Ted's Dogs used to be.  From Jake's phone. I bet there was a moment of silence.

Jake at work.  Engineering something. What a sexy nerd. Pocket protector and all.


Bob Ross at the Full Monty? No, but Jake wanted to take a picture. :) 

Jake's parents, at the play.  They do like each other.  We just had  small tables.


Luke LOVED his Easter ball.


And we had a happy month. 

2 comments:

  1. shee-oot piffy-teachers! that was a LOT to read through! I love all the pictures :) It's too bad blogger only lets you post one whole month's worth of stuff at a time... oh wait... ;)

    ReplyDelete