Thank you for all of the nice comments in my previous post. I am feeling in the mood still, so I thought I'd post again. My mom turned 60 this year and my family is the only one still living close to my mom and dad, so we made sure to party it up! We first gave her the family gift. I made this board that had her motto for 2011 on it. In the word "home", was a collage of 60 things that the family is going to do or give to her. I've already been able to do a few and I'm excited to complete the other things as well. There is a wide variety of things on the list. Simple like kite flying with JJ and McDonald's with Luke, but also a movie date with me, a quilt show, learning something new together etc. It was A LOT of work, but it ended up cute so it was worth it!
 |
| This pic is blurry, but you can kinda see the sentence strips that make up the home word |
 |
| My grandma and my mom |
 |
| These things are just asking for little boys to spin them |
 |
| Reading her easy to read list of gifts that was attached to the back |
 |
| My green chile salad from Bajio's. Mmmmm! |
 |
| We love this place and are sad the one by our end of town closed! |
 |
| I went here so we could try something new. |
 |
| And had trouble deciding so I got a few little ones to try. Yummy! |
 |
| Then we HAD to make her watch Despicable Me because it's one of our favorites and she hadn't seen it! |
I hope you already received my profuse gushing about how great you did on this project when it was posted on either Michelle's blog or the family one--I don't remember. But, regardless, thanks for putting it all together. It turned out super cute. Jase and the kids and I are excited to help her check off some of the 60 new experiences this June when she comes to visit.
ReplyDeleteAnd P.S., why did you have to put a picture of a Bajio salad--with mango salsa I might add!! I want to weep! Looks soooo good.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm reminded that I'm supposed to be planning coupons this year. I need to add it to my calendar.
ReplyDelete