Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Luke's 3rd Birthday

I was back in January, but it's always great to see this little cutey! Not so little anymore though! Around his birthday, I was in the middle of having a lot of problems with my job, so even though I wanted to make a big deal of his birthday, it was really hard to pull it together and I was feeling like a bad mother on top of it all.
  I talked to my best friend at work (well, cried to her about my failure) and that night after she had worked a full day, she was at our door with a cake and candles lit, ready to celebrate.  I was in tears again.  She is an amazing friend! Then everyday that week, more friends came everyday with cakes, presents, and celebrations.  His birthday, which I thought was going to be a disaster, was probably the best a kid could have! I have really learned this year how wonderful friends can be in some of your darkest hours.  Thanks to everyone who helped make his day (week) special this year!



His celebration at school.  He even got both the classes in on it because his teacher was gone that day.


The family got to eat outside on the patio for lunch to celebrate.  Jake brought happy meals and yes, he had to be on a business call for most of lunch. :(

Hard to see with the light, but this chicken would not stop trying to get french fries from us! And yes, there was talk of trying to give it a nugget. Just to see.

His presents at Jake's parents' house.


All ready for t-ball to start.

Something about those sideways eyes pictures make me smile. :)

Loving some balloons under the pool table

I love this pic! Soooo Luke!

At school, he brought snacks to the younger children (his old class) and the older children (his new class).  These videos are of the younger class.  It gives you a glimpse into some of the reasons I LOVE Montessori!! His teacher in this video is/was and AMAZING teacher too!!

A few are from the celebration at Jake's parents' house, and one is of Jake dragging him on the floor, a well loved game.  I know there's a lot of videos, sorry!











3 comments:

  1. He IS so cute- you can post about his birthday all year round and I won't complain :) And EW! Cannibal Chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke's dancing was cute, and I'm glad I got to hear his little voice: "cheese!" He's adorable. My kids would love the sliding game across the hardwood. I don't think I'll show them that clip--our tile is too rough and bumpy here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute videos! I love the sliding game. Add a swiffer underneath him to do a little cleaning too.

    ReplyDelete