Thursday, December 2, 2010
Strawberry or Bust!
We're going to go cut down our tree. It's a Downey family tradition that we have been doing for years and it gets more and more fun each year as we really settle into our traditions. The boys are really excited about it and Luke keeps talking about it and not even sure if he understands what exactly we're going to go do. He did tell one of the teachers at school today that we are getting a tree and he's going to cover it all over, up and down, with candy!! Lots and lots of candy!! I am LOVING our fireplace, but having a hard time with the really strong smell of wood that lasts for the entire week. I've made Jake light a fire almost everyday and I sit, lay by it, or fall asleep by it's warmth. :) We are still loving our house, but can't seem to find time to get everything unpacked. We moved our new kitchen pieces out of the uhaul storage and into the garage, taking up all the nice room we had emptied. The amount of stuff we have is overwhelming! The boys are growing their hair out long and we finally got it trimmed up yesterday so they don't look like orphans anymore. Jake took part in the Movember movement and grew a moustache to raise awareness for prostate and testicular cancer(it worked, we got lots of questions). Jake is still working on the process for the Air Force. I'm still working and learning about what I want to do in life. We seem to have a bad luck streak that just won't leave us alone, but with each trial there is a silver lining to it that we didn't expect, so we'll just keep trying to learn from our trials. I can blog more about all this later, but I just am not in the mood to list all our troubles. I'm hoping to blog more, and with pictures, but can't seem to get my technology to cooperate with me and I can't seem to find the time. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You guys are such a cute family. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your tree-cutting fun!
ReplyDeleteWhere do you go to cut one down? I have wanted to do this with the kids for years but didnt know where to go. Ps how much does it cost?
ReplyDeleteMy husband also did the Movember challenge. And like you said a lot of people asked about it. He thinks maybe next year he might try to get sponsers (don't know how to spell that word tonight) to donate money to the cause. As long as we learn from our trials than they weren't for nothing!
ReplyDeleteFun! I'm sorry- I definitely know the feeling of not having enough time! BLEH! I'm sorry! Ok, soooo christmas break I'm coming over to let the kids play, finally see your house, and help you unpack stuff :) sound like a plan?! I'm excited! cause you can't say no :) Love ya, lady!
ReplyDeleteHang on- Why Strawberry or bust? Is that where you're going to cut your tree down? or are you going there for christmas?
ReplyDelete