Growing up, my family never really carved pumpkins. I don't know why, but we try to do it in our house. I asked my mom once, and she just said, "Yep, we never did that." Well, okay, that's helpful. We carved our pumpkins on Halloween this year. I think it worked out great because in Arizona, you just can't do it too early or it starts to wilt and change shape. We had fun carving. Luke wasn't a huge fan of the pumpkin guts. I put "Halloween" on Pandora and we had some great tunes while we worked. I picked out all the seeds because I wanted to try to roast some. I tried a Halloweeny recipe with cinnamon and other fall flavors and a garlicy salt one. The flavors were good, but just not the roasting part. It took forever and they never really got crunchy enough. I'll try again next year. If you've got a good recipe, let me know. The boys liked the way their pumpkins turned out in the end, and we enjoyed the process this time around instead of it being stressful like in years past. :)
![]() |
| Final products |









The pumpkins look great!!! and you all look like you are having so much fun!!! That is what you can learn from your mom and old moms like me...took me a LONG time to figure out that we cannot DO everything that everyone else does. If we try, at least for my, I ended up yelling and getting mad...not a happy memory! So, you and your sweet family will pick the things that you love to do, that matter to you. They won't remember what they did, necessarily, but how much fun they had with a happy mommy and daddy. That makes all the difference in the world!
ReplyDeleteThat looked so fun. I missed doing that this year.
ReplyDelete