Sunday, August 22, 2010

Again with the updates?!

So yeah... we don't have the house yet and we're not moved. We are still living with boxes everywhere, no toys, very few clothes, and no tv remote because we think we accidentally packed it away a few weeks ago. We can't watch tv because of this and we're not just lazy and don't want to get up and change the channel. We put the tv on child lock so none of the buttons on the front work without the remote because we didn't want Luke touching all the buttons. The first week or so was alright to try to live without tv, but I've kinda hit my limit. We can't even turn it on to put in any movies, we have nothing else for the boys to do because it's all packed(remember the no toys comment above), and we have decided to save money and not have cable at the new house, so THIS time right now we should be enjoying our free cable while we can!


And onto why I've hit my limit...we don't get the house now until the 31st. We had checked on the pool and it looked like the picture in the previous post, all torn up. I also used the toilet when we were there(it was supposed to be a new one that didn't leak) and it leaked water when flushed which means when they told us they replaced it already, that wasn't the truth. So we wrote up our concerns, checked into who would be responsible if the work that was done wasn't done correctly. During this time, we were also concerned with how and what they were doing to the pool leak. We didn't want them to just band-aid a bad leak with some plaster and call it fixed. We took pictures every time we went so we could see the process. We were concerned work wasn't done yet when we were supposed to have the house on Friday, so we emailed and asked about it.

On Thursday we still didn't know if we were going to have the house the next day and Jake stopped by to see the pool. It was done and looked good!(see pic) In the end, they still backed up the date to the 31st. The appraiser still needs to come out and check the pool again, so we keep waiting, surrounded by boxes. The nice thing is, our license here on campus is for a whole year and we can break it anytime. The not so nice thing, is we didn't/don't want to pay for a whole month on campus if we're not going to live here the whole time. I had thought about just packing up the house still into a Uhaul, moving out, cleaning up, staying with someone for a few days, and then moving into our new house once we get it. I just feel like this whole process is dragging out over too long! We are very blessed though that we aren't being pushed out of our current place. I'll keep you all posted. :)






6 comments:

  1. My brother and Sister in law just moved in with us a few seconds ago...because of a pool issue and their new house!!! LOL! It sucks to be in limbo and not have a set plan as to when you can move and have a place. Living out of boxes is no fun! Also I have to have tv.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Good luck and I hope all works out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pool looks AWESOME! Can't wait for our pool party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun book club we will have at your new house :) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will all be worth it when you're swimming in that amazing pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pool, Tiff! I so feel your pain about no TV. Would you, could you believe I have not watched TV for a month? And neither have my kids. I miss American TV so bad. I want Biggest Loser and Desperate Housewives and Oprah and Food Network and Modern Family, and I'd even take Spongebob right now. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Things really seem like they will all come together very well. Your efforts and patience will all be well worth it if it all turns out as beautiful as the pool! ;-) We are so excited for you guys! However, when I read your posts I feel trepidation now thinking about the fact that we will someday have to buy and house and go through crazy stuff too. EEK!

    ReplyDelete