I wish I had a cute pic to add to this post so it's not so boring(I added one in the end from my phone but it's not of my cutie pies), but we're having a picture crisis over here (at least I am). I have been organizing ALL of our photos and putting them on an external hard drive that holds 1TB (a HUGE amount of memory) to keep all of my pictures safe and to free up our other computers. I even kept it unplugged when I didn't need it because I was nervous that if the computer crashed or something and it was plugged in, it would too. What I never considered was the actual external hard drive breaking for some unknown reason out of the blue and never turning on again. It holds all of our pictures and videos. Thousands. Probably hundreds of thousands and then some. The company that makes it said, "Yep, sounds like it's broken, we'll for sure replace you with one." and then continues to talk about the process to go about it, and if we want to get the info that was on it, we'll have to find people who do that. So we've looked. The cheapest price for no guarantee of recovering the photos is $700 and it goes all the way up to $2500 depending on how much data is on it. So yeah.....been crying over here and trying to come to terms with the fact that most of the photos might still be retrievable and we can get them after some time and a lot of money. The photos are worth that money to me, but I'm super annoyed that it had to happen now, when we are making HUGE life changes that already are costing us money, and that I thought I was being smart about it and protecting my photos. Everyone has different ways and I've been told CDs, but I felt like this way I would actually be able to do it often and get around to it. Anyways, long story to the description of why this is again a boring post with no pictures. Now onto what I was really getting on here for...
The house. The bank has been/is going to fix the stuff. The pool fix up alone will be over $7,500. It was appraised $8000 over what we are paying for it and that's with the pool all ripped up (as seen below) from being fixed. We officially have it on the 20th. We plan on taking down the popcorn ceilings, painting the ceilings, ripping out the carpets, and putting new flooring/carpets down in the first few days. Any knowledge or helpful persons will be gladly welcomed and even fed. (This would be a good time to learn how to do it in case you are thinking of a house sometime in your lifetime. We can offer you the experience before you mess up your own houses by not knowing what you are doing. :) wink, wink) The following weekend when we are planning on having people help us move all of our crap to the house. We need to clean our current house right away and get the walk through inspection done before the end of the month, and then we are officially moved into our house that still needs some good hard blood and sweat put into it.

So when are you moving? I can at least offer babysitting.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your external drive. Anyone would be devastated if that happened. Wish I could be there to help. I actually have taken down a popcorn ceiling before--just my Mom and I did it--and it was incredibly messy. We used a garden hose with a head attached on the "mist" setting, and a large tarp. To scrape it off the ceiling we used a large putty knife duct taped to a long wooden handle (it was a wooden paint roller extender). I do not envy you, but I would help you if I could. I'm sure you have a more professional way to do the job! The painting is the fun part. Good luck!
ReplyDelete