JJ's party this year was a "messy" party and here is one of the invites he made.
A lengthy agenda: - For the party we started with bubbles and some water balloon hot potato.
- Then the kids ate some spaghetti with no utensils. My plan was to also have spaghetti tacos like they eat on icarly(a show JJ LOVES), but I totally forgot to bring out the taco shells. So...we're going to do that for dinner some other time.
- After eating spaghetti, we painted on our bodies with pudding- butterscotch and chocolate in case you were wondering. :) I think this part of the party was the biggest hit! We brought out a mirror so the kids could look at how messy they were.
- After pudding painting with brushes, we moved onto finger painting on a large roll of paper.
- After making a huge mess with that, we hosed them down to get a little clean and then moved onto pinatas. Yes, that's right- plural. JJ had his own pinata. He LOVES pinatas and we didn't know if we should have him go first to make sure he would get a chance, or if he should go last after possibly 20+ kids, so we just got two. They were really cheap and kept breaking off the rope, but not breaking open, so we mostly just had to shake the candy out of it.
- Then it was onto the cakes. Yes, that's right- plural. Jake thought we should do a dirt cake because it's totally appropriate for this theme, but I was hesitant because I think we have done a dirt cake for every birthday JJ has ever had(It just describes JJ to a tee). We did do it, because it's just perfect, but I also wanted to try one that I had seen in a book I have and I thought it would go with the theme too. I made a spaghetti cake out of cupcakes and candy. I think it turned out really great, and I can't wait to find a time to do it again! The kids ate the cakes with their hands again, and then they just played in the water.
- We finished off with a silly string fight and goody bags.
Here's a slide show of all the pictures I have from the party. It might be a little long, but there are some really great ones! Thank you to everyone who came and we missed all of you who couldn't make it! Now you can see what you missed out on! :)
My dad with Luke and covered in silly string
JJ with a pinata on his head
The spaghetti cake with the "cheese" and grater on the red plate, and the dirt cake and shovel
The kids and their masterpiece!
JJ's grandma painted that on him, her leg is pictured here :)Thank you sooooo much Mom and Dad for helping me out, it would have been even more crazy without you! Love you!
Here's the loot JJ got at Jake's house. Thank you Downey family!! We had such a fun time celebrating with you, love you!!!
Card and money from Great Aunt Guk! Thank you!!
Aunt Meg sent him a special card from college! Thank you and we miss you Meg!!
Cards and check from Great Grandma Downey and Berber in Cali- Thank you, he was soooo excited!!
His loot from the party! Thank you to all!!
The presents Jake and I gave him.And now a word from JJ.....
Jacob had so much fun! What a great idea for a party!
ReplyDeleteBoy...JJ is photogenic! Great slideshow!
ReplyDeleteThat spaghetti cake it awesome. How did you do that?
ReplyDelete