I saw on Stepanie's blog(one hour before it started) that the Drive In was having a free movie night. I have always wanted to go as a family and so I decided to load them up and leave. Jake was at an AIAA dinner meeting so it was just me and the boys and I hoped that he would be able to meet up with us after his meeting. In the end, he had to go to the Tempe campus and study so I braved it by myself. We got some $1.00 nachos(the deal of the night), split a hot dog, and shared a large popcorn and soda. They had some games and bouncies but we didn't get to do many of them because the lines were so long and I was having trouble watching both of them alone. I was carrying Luke, holding my purse, a large popcorn, and a large soda, trying to keep my eye on JJ. I did have a chance to observe the a few rat tails and mullets, a plethora of tattoos on all ages an sizes of people, a few kids on child leashes while the parent yelled or smoked, the most flirty, emotional, profanity using pre-teens I've ever seen in my LIFE!!! I don't want to scare you away though, it was fun to be with my family and share some special treat, who cares about the weirdos around us! We're definitely going to go again for hopefully a date night and also as a family. We watched Madagascar 2, which I still thought was pretty funny even after the second time seeing it, and then Bedtime Stories. I wasn't sure we'd make it through the second movie, but once Luke fell asleep, we were fine.
Here's JJ excited to be in the front seat

Luke getting ready to watch
JJ settling in to watch



How cute! You are brave to take both of them alone. I can't believe Luke just fell asleep back there! That's awesome. You were out LATE! When Merritt's gone, I'm all about putting the kids to bed early and having alone time. I'm so selfish!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Let me know when another one, we'd like to try it out! BTW cute new background!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm glad you went! We went and watched bedtime stories and didn't stay for a second one. It was lots of fun- the kids sat on the roof with their legs hanging in the sunroof. Aaron and I got 4 things of the $1 nachos and didn't finish them all. I was surprised cause neither of us had eaten dinner and even after eating we can usually each go through 1 & 1/2.
ReplyDeleteha! I just noticed that luke has his infamous 1 shoe on. that is too funny. JJ looks so much like Jake i can't beleive it.
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you three had a lot of fun! Drive-ins are cool; I'd have to find one here for us to go to!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
Oh, Tiff, we have a new blog address for our family blog.
ReplyDeleteHere's the link
http://complicatedsimplicity96.blogspot.com
You can just change the link on your sidebar for ours and it should give you the new name, too.
We totally LOVE the drive in! We went when it was Monsters vs. Aliens and Hotel for Dogs. Our boys loved it. We all fit in the front seat. one boy on each lap and then Hunter on the arm rest in the middle. We should all go sometime!
ReplyDeleteHey! I think I know you :) You're family is looking great! Hope all is well!!
ReplyDeleteI have ALWAYS wanted to go to a drive-in. And Luke looks so cute! I can't believe I haven't seen him since he was a little baby. We can totally have fun with fondant though when we get together in June. I'm looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteTiff-here is my e-mail theleiters@gmail.com i don't have Amy Baker's sorry.
ReplyDelete