Counting down to summer
Is anyone else out there counting down till summer? I feel like for everything I am doing I keep saying, "Well I'll be able to do that soon, it's almost summer." I can't wait for Jake to be able to help out, to watch our shows at night, have some help with meal making, and the main thing is just to have time to do fun stuff!! Every minute, I just keep thinking, "Okay, one more minute closer to summer, I can make it!" Tell me I'm not the only one!
I'm starting to want to swim. I love the lazy summer days where we all just sit at the pool, let the kids play and we chat. It's the best! We'll have to have a big welcome summer party at our pool in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteI think everyone has that feeling one way or another. I am not looking towards the season-heat but besides that, have more free time is always nice. I wish Curtis had a 'summer' to be able to take off time but oh well. That's life :)
ReplyDeleteNope I hate Summer time! I hate the heat! Not much into swimming! I love my cool falls and winters, gardens and being outdoors. Running and stuff. I hate needing a hot pad to drive the car because the steering wheel is so hot!
ReplyDeleteI am so ready for a break! I haven't started to count down because I'm afraid it will make it too hard to get up in the morning, but I am sooo looking forward to sleeping in!
ReplyDeleteI am so ready for a break! I haven't started to count down because I'm afraid it will make it too hard to get up in the morning, but I am sooo looking forward to sleeping in!
ReplyDeleteAMEN!! Summer is just wonderful isn't it?? We have to make this one count because it's our last one out of school. Maybe we will win that MIX 969 vacation to Disneyland:)
ReplyDeleteMy only problem is I never really do all the things in summer that I want...I get lazy and spend more time relaxing than doing things I've put off or doing fun things. But for me it's better than working for sure!
ReplyDeleteMy problem is, by the time May hits, my mind is in October already! ;-) Our Summers are so hectic, I don't look forward to it... This month alone so many things are lined up, my head is spinning!
ReplyDeleteUhhhhh, yes. I can't wait. My only dilema is making sure that my kids' summer isn't wasted. I need some sort of schedule. We already have library wednesdays, and then probably every other week we'll use a coupon in the "What'll we do, Museum or zoo" book and the Culture passes from the libraries to do some pretty cool stuff together as a fam. And then there's girls camp and a family reunion in Oregon. Now that I sit back and think about it I'm kind of NOT looking forward to the summer being so hectic. ACK!
ReplyDelete