Thursday, September 18, 2008

No Fail Recipe

Dirt Cake

1/2 stick butter
1 cup powder sugar
8 oz. soft cream cheese
2 pkgs 3 oz. chocolate pudding- instant
12 oz. container cool whip
20 oz. oreo cookies
gummy worms(if desired)

Make pudding, refrigerate. Cream butter, powder sugar, and cream cheese with mixer. Add cool whip and pudding. Crush cookies in a zip lock baggie until resembles dirt. (Using palm of hand works well) Layer 1/3 pudding filling, cookies and a few worms. Pudding, cookies and a few worms. Finish with cookies, stick a few worms in like they are crawling out. Serve in flower pot, sand bucket, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! little kids would love that! I need to try out the recipe to see what Rock would think, and you can never go wrong with all those delicious ingredients. Also in reply from your post on the craft website, lets get together one of these days other than craft night and brain storm on fun cheap crafts for Christmas etc... and obviously for us also. I have some written down but with both of our brains I know we can come up with a ton of ideas. Let me know when is good for you, next Thurs is craft night at Lori's and I have to work but hopefully I will see you soon and we can find a time!!!

    sorry for the novel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummo. I used to LOVE a "cup 'a dirt" when I was a kid. Still do. Mmmmm....

    So I love your idea to shop at night with your own special drink. Relaxing! Well, at least a lot more relaxing than running from place to place with the kids, hauling them in and out of the car. It puts a tear on your shoulders, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Hey, I tagged you on my blog. I am looking forward to reading your quirks!

    ReplyDelete