Friday, September 5, 2008

JJ's 5th Birthday Party


JJ is now 5!!!
I can't believe five years have passed so fast. I wanted to do a sentimental post about JJ and our five years, but I think for now, I'll put that on hold and just review his party.
We had a good turn out, hot and then stormy weather, an unbreakable pinata, and worm crawling in our cake. Thank you to everyone who came out!! I was really, really hot when the party started, but once the sun was down the weather was almost comfortable. We ate pizza and went through the drinks pretty fast. I'm sorry that we ran out!! The kids all lined up and got a bucket and some goodies. Then it was time for the HUGE pinata. The smaller kids went first, which about killed the nerves of the older ones, but luckily everyone got a turn before it was finally opened. There were some good swingers in the group! Once there was a hole, JJ got to finish it off, and eventually we just shook it around. It was a pretty massive and tough pinata.
The kids filled their buckets with candy and we moved onto the cake.
We ate mud cake, oreo dirt and gummy worms. We served it in buckets and I think it was a hit with the kids. It rained the night prior and I told them all it was mud, dirt, and worms from that night. The older ones just laughed, but I had fun with the little ones. Everyone was overly generous with presents, and JJ loved each and every one!! (Probably because his mom got sick of all the toys everywhere and cleared out most of his old ones a few months ago) He's enjoying them all everyday after school. Once we finished the mud and presents, it started to sprinkle. We had a bucket of water balloons that the kids played with. JJ really wanted to get his grandma with one- and he was successful. The thunder started to get louder and we left just in time before a huge downpour.
We couldn't have done it without the help of the McCrays, my wonderful mom and dad, my sister Michelle, the Charee, and everyone else who helped out here and there. Thank you so much, you kept me from being a basketcase!! It all happended so fast, I didn't even get to talk to the adults, which made me sad. Even still, JJ really enjoyed his party and I couldn't be happier that it was over because JJ has talked about his party everyday for at least six months- I am not exaggerating! Thank you again for everyone who was able to come, everyone who was able to help, and we really missed a lot of you who could not make it out!
Here's a slide show of the pics that Charee was able to snatch for me. If you want to save any, you can click on the slide show, it will take you to the website, and then you can right click the pictures. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Hello! What a great party. I can't believe JJ is 5! He's is such a cutie. By the way, this is Jackie Ferrell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party was great! Thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he is 5!!! He is such a cute little boy. I'm glad you finally posted something new...i really was worried! If you get a minute would you email me your address?? missjraz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany, cute party. This is Amy and i just wanted to say hi, sounds like your life is way busy and fun. We just moved to Milwaukee, Wi and are gettting adjusted. I was glad I found your blog, I like keeping updated on each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! JJ is SO dang cute. I know what you mean about not being able to talk to people. I was mad at Merritt at MJ's first birthday because I was so busy running around and he was just chatting away! No fair! Haha. It's all worth it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome party! I enjoyed seeing the pictures and showed them to my mom too. Happy birthday JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thanks for inviting us. I hope JJ had a great time because I know Hunter did! It was blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I couldn't make it. It stinks living so far away now. We need to get together and catch up soon!! Call me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Guys it looked like you had a blast. Sorry that we couldn't make it. I am not good at checking my email this last little bit so I didn't see the invite till to late but thanks so much for thinking about us! We miss you guys but had a great time with you at Roosevelt! Maybe next time JJ can swim a little longer.

    ReplyDelete