Imagine...
New Teacher Pay Scale
Teachers work with children only a few hours a day, and some people, not very sympathetic to the demands on teachers, believe that they should be paid pretty much as babysitters. Surprisingly, some teachers see an advantage in that system. Babysitters get about $6.00 an hour, so for a five-hour day, teachers would earn $30 per child. For a class of 25, that would be $750 a day. The school year is 187 days, so that would be $140,250. Summers, weekends, and evenings off. Teachers as babysitters, an idea with some merit!
I won't even get started on my soap box about how teachers don't get paid enough, and sport's icons get too much...but when I read the first sentence, I found myself getting all heated up. As I read on, I thought it was great how it all worked out, and now I'm a full supporter of this mindset. Bring it on! :)
Any reactions?
I have heard this stuff over and over again, and it aggravates me to no end. Sadly, I have come to grips with it, and have decided we live in an imperfect/unfair world.
ReplyDeleteI'd take the babysitters pay any day!
ReplyDeleteHello by the way!
I was thinking ok I pay my babysitter $25 per day and I have 28 students in my 2nd grade currently and our school year is 180 days so...I should be making 126K as opposed to the 41K I'm making in my 8th year of teaching....that's more than three times as much. WOW
ReplyDelete