Why do we keep continuing with this torture of our love/hate relationship?
I mean, we rarely see each other, but I think about you all the time.
"Oh, I should really blog sometime soon."
"Ya, I have a blog but I never post as often I should."
"Oh, I've got to take pictures of this to blog about."
"Jake, take a picture of that so I can put it on the blog."
"I was going to take pictures of each step of this recipe, but forgot a step or two so I'll just do it later."
"I really am going to get better about blogging."
And what happens? I post.
And then a lot of time passes.
I'm constantly thinking,
"This shouldn't be this hard."
"I'll just post pictures."
"I'll just write something quick and add pictures later."
"If I would just pick a day and post every week on that day, it shouldn't be so hard."
I pick a day of the week, and
I post again about how I never post.
I can't figure out why I really do this whole blog thing.
I love reading blogs.
I love knowing what's going on in my friends' daily lives.
I love getting new ideas and seeing amazing photos.
I love seeing a million recipes that look delicious.
I love to have a medium to easily document and journal.
But...
I haven't read blogs in well over a year.
I feel like I have no clue what my friend's are up to if I don't read blogs.
My list of to-do's I'll never get to is longer by the minute.
And who am I kidding, I'll never learn to take photos like that
and the more I look at people's cute pictures, the more I hate them just a little.
When will I ever get around to making all those recipes I've bookmarked or pinned?
I have never journaled.
I have a few entries, mostly of times when I was mad and finally decided to get it out on paper.
My experience of blogging and has not always been described as "easy".
Locating pictures, loading pictures, converting videos, losing unsaved posts, and then ultimately giving up again.
I do still love the idea of blogging though.
I love the friends I have made with blogging.
I love the honesty that can come from blogging.
I love that I have pictures saved on my blog that are otherwise lost because of computer malfunctions.
I love my family recipe blog that allows me to easily access my recipes from any computer.
I love having something to enjoy doing as soon as I get a spare minute and a computer in my lap.
Now to just figure out how to get back to it.
And learn to do it regularly.
And post the 100 or so drafts that I have that are "just missing one thing".
Even if it's a year or two late.
Dear Blog,
Just know, if I'm not here blogging with you, I'm busy living.
But also busy ALWAYS thinking about this blog.
Now to do something about it.
Much love and hate,
Tiff
Tiff...you are NOT alone...and I have NO excuse...like raising three happy and wonderful sons, though I do now get Ethan's little Kaylee every other week. I post a ton...and then none...Just do what you can, and the rest, we understand!
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
ReplyDelete