Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jan 3

Today is my mom's birthday and she came over to my house so we could eat and go shopping.  I can't believe I didn't get one picture of her or us together! Lame! What makes me even lamer is that I went to Walmart not once today, but twice.  (Even lamer is that this is not my first time doing this) On our first trip, we happened to be by the pay phone as it was ringing.  It was very weird, and we found our self standing there for a minute first of all remembering that pay phones are still around, and second, whether or not to answer it.  Much to my disappointment, we were not given a secret mission via random pay phone.  Seeing as how it was at Walmart, I should have been expecting an offer of some sort of drugs, but it wasn't that either.  Just a wrong number.


On my second trip, Luke sadly pointed out that only girls with one leg can use the bathroom.  I thought he was being silly, so I laughed and commented on his silliness, only to be reprimanded that this was indeed not a funny matter.  It just wasn't fair that girls couldn't, but the boys have to legs and can.  Oh, the things kids notice.  Adding on to the way exciting story of my Walmart adventures, I was making a super long return ("spending too much on a whim on Christmas Eve in a panic"-type return) and heard someone yell, "someone call 911" to which my worker dude ran off and the other worker didn't bat an eye, and I could see no one calling.  After asking people around if someone was calling, a worker, really anyone, I decided to do it myself.  So there I was, an hour into my return (yes, an hour), with no worker, two of my children with me, can't move away to see what had just happened around the corner, calling 911 with no real specific information.  I would think there would be some sort of protocol, but evidently, they wait for some random lady with two kids to do their job.  So yeah, I called, then waited until my dude came back, and then left never knowing what the situation really was exactly, and having made my second trip to Walmart as interesting as the first and successful as I can cross something off my list! Yea! The end.

1 comment:

  1. oKay that whole bathroom thing is hilarious. I have never noticed in all my decades of walmart shopping;)

    ReplyDelete