Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When I read other blogs...

  • I wish I was better at keeping up on mine
  • I wish we traveled to fun places
  • I wish Jake and I could spend more time doing fun things together
  • I wish I planned out fun things for our family to do
  • I wish I saw my brothers and sister more. 
  • I wish we were settled somewhere and making it a home
  • I wish I knew how to be a SAHM
  • I wish I could just be at home all day
  • I wish I could do my scrapbooking
  • I wish I was witty and funny like my friends
  • I wish I had amazing talents and skills
  • I wish I was better about praying as a family, doing FHE, scripture study, and teaching my children the gospel
  • I wish Jake had the priesthood
  • I wish we could think about having another baby
  • I wish I was crafty
  • I wish I could learn/do photography
  • I wish I would read more
  • I wish I would sew more
  • I wish I would journal
  • I wish I could sing better
  • I wish I always looked cute in pictures
  • I wish Jake was crazy silly and we would do adventurous things and not be embarrassed
  • I wish I had a daily chore schedule and cooked meals everyday
  • I wish my mom blogged
  • I wish I had a girl
  • I wish I had a crazy amount of comments
  • I wish I planned out fun activities to do with my kiddos at home
  • I wish I could inspire people with my blog
  • I wish I didn't feel like such a loser when reading other people's blogs!
And then I have to remind myself....
  • I love how blogs make me feel more connected to other mothers
  • I love how blogs help me to get closer to my relatives
  • I love how my blog has helped me to capture/remember more of our lives(even if I never get around to posting about it, I at least have pics)
  • I love how sometimes I feel so normal when I read about someone else's struggles, guilt, yelling at kids, sadness, confusion, and desires to be better
  • I love how I have two adorable boys that do way to much cute stuff for me to ever document on here
  • I love that my hubby supports me in trying to do the blog and document weird or dumb things :)
  • I love that I have been able to learn a lot more from Sisters from the church that were my teachers growing up, friends from high school, and girls from Young Women's that I barely knew because they were older or younger than me
  • I love that I have such amazing examples and friends that were either strengthened or created because of blogging. 
  • I love the support I get from friends through my blog even though I feel like I'm whining too much sometimes. 
  • I love that I still try to do this because for now this is the closest I get to scrapbooking and/or journaling.
I just need to make myself read blogs more often, because reading 6 months worth of all of my friends' lives really does make me feel like a loser.  I'd like to think that if I had blogged about my 6+ months that have passed, you all would feel like losers too and then I would feel a little bit better.  I kid, I kid.  I just need to post something of worth on here so I feel like I've been living life. :)  Here's to more blogging in the future!

13 comments:

  1. I totally concur. I have a love/hate relationship with blogs sometimes. Sometimes I see those bloggers that seem to keep a clean house and make healthy made-from-scratch meals everyday, and are smart and pretty and it just makes me feel so inadequate. But you HAVE to know there are people out there (like me!) that ADORE you and admire you and wonder how you juggle all the things that you do. Because, honestly, you have accomplished SO MUCH! You are truly one of my favorite people ever.
    The End. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,

    Blogs are great to document life as it happens, but it doesn't capture life completely. EVERYONE struggles, EVERYONE doesn't have a perfect life and no one is free from goals, and wishes. We all do it. You are so accomplished. I've told you before that I envy that you did go on and get your education. Something I regret and no one can take that away from you. You do need to try to take more time for yourself though. Not necessarily blogging, but enjoy life :) Love ya

    Oh and Chelsie-I'm offended I thought I was one of your most favorite people ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling family picture up there at the top of your blog!

    Well as far as the insurance goes, I am on ACCHS since I'm pregnant, but Devin and Sam still don't qualify. dumb. I'm hoping when we go up to a household of 4 we can qualify...

    Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said!! Your not alone!! I have all those feelings all the time- blogging is a double edged sword for sure!
    love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome post, Tiffany, and I think we all feel this way. I certainly do, and I've read it on enough blogs to suspect it's true!

    We women are so funny. Always comparing ourselves to others. I loved your second list. Keep it at the front of your mind and then I guess pick a few things that are most important to work with on the first one and don't get discouraged!

    You are an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiff!! I miss you girl! I know I will read other blogs but never update my own. I sure do miss ya and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey boo! You're my homeslice and I loves ya! sooo what are we doing together this week? you gonna come over and help me clean my laundry room? ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA HA HA HA!!! I know that I would feel like a loser if you had posted all your accomplishments from the last 6 months. I miss you guys! I'm so glad that your attempting to blog again ;-) Don't stress though, we will all still be here even if you have to take another blogging break. We understand, because our lives get too busy too! And yes, keep reminding yourself of why you do blog! Just leave the negative blogging blah behind you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completly agree. As for having something of worth to saying, you just did. In fact you said and explained it better than I could thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are so smart in your views. I too have thought, "I wish I was... or Why don't we ever?..." when I read other people's blogs, but like you said, sometimes you see them going through trials that you are so glad aren't lying in your path.
    I too love how blogs seem to connect us. Everyone does theirs differently and if you don't have time now, just don't give up! There's a time and a season for everything right?
    I think you're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is probably my favorite post you've ever done. So real! Take comfort in knowing that every picture I'm in looks awful. Really awful. I'm glad I'm the one behind the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Tiffany...you have put ALL my thoughts into words!!! Thank you for making me, and apparently many others, not feel so alone.

    ReplyDelete