Saturday, October 17, 2009

One night at book club...

...we somehow got to joking about naughty pop-up books and of course I was the only one who knew that they really existed...at least one.
Background story
We were at Jake's house for a holiday, I think Easter, and Jake's mom was telling us about how the elementary school that she works at took book donations from families to add to their school library. While looking through the books, she found this one and had to take it so the kiddos in the school wouldn't find it. We couldn't figure out who would donate it. Ya, it's a pop-up book, but it says on the cover that it is for adults only.
Everyone at book club told me I had to post it, so here you go. You've got to believe that I would never do this. I am being forced by peer pressure. I guess it was just convenience that I had taken pictures of the whole book already. :)
I apologize for the spacing of everything, blogger won't let me change any of it. Erg! Sometimes I really hate blogger.
"The Naughty Nineties
A Saucy Pop-Up Book for Adults Only"
"Toward the end of the prudish Victorian Age came the "Naughty Nineties." Nobody remembers, however, why they were so naughty!"
(After pulling on the tab on the right, his stick or whatever it is touches her behind, his face changes, and hand moves by her neck. )
"After all, modesty prevailed. Necklines were carefully examined for good taste...and women wore long skirts when they danced."

(The men's heads go in and look awfully round if you know what I mean, and the girl's show some leg.)

"Elegant manners were essential...and social etiquette was strictly observed."


(Pretty obvious. Pull up the flap and he's touching her leg and pull a tab and he's touching her behind.)

"People appreciated Mother Nature. Birdwatching was a prim and popular pastime...and people enjoyed playing demure outdoor sports with shuttlecocks and balls."

(Pull a tab and he's looking at more than birds. Pull the other tab and I think he trusts with more than just the stick.)



"Indoor sports were also strait-laced...and sometimes unlaced! No matter what the situation, a gentleman was willing to lend a helping hand."


(Pull the tab and the dress comes down and the fan covers stuff. Pull the tab and a man comes up and the women goes down.)


"And bedtime, of course, wasn't naughty..."

(Pull on the tab and "just Nice!" finishes the sentence and the couple go under the covers.)


I feel so dumb that I've read so much on people's blogs about the article in the Ensign about sharing the gospel on your blog, and this is what I come up with. Sheesh! I promise, I'll do better, and like I said, this was requested. It was out of my control.

4 comments:

  1. That book is freaking hilarious! Thank you for posting it. Why would parents donate that? I'm hoping it was just in a pile of books, and they took the whole pile to donate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty darn funny! I am surprised they did not have a hole cut into the sheets! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed that book club...

    ReplyDelete