Friday, February 27, 2009

Might be TMI- Only continue reading if you really want to

I haven't done a good post for a while because we have been sick over here in this household. It started out with Luke having pretty bad diarrhea for a while, which then led to me being sick. My stomach would not stop gurgling really loud with weird noises. I also had a really upset stomach and couldn't control myself. I have heard of people pooping their pants, and always wondered how that could even happen, but now I know. I felt like I had no control over my body. All I could think of for a few days was how much funnier the two clips at the bottom of this post really are.

I then threw up a few times, and after not eating anything for about three or four days, I was feeling like I could think about eating. My poor family had to deal with all of this around Valentine's day, so I didn't get to do anything really fun with them. I did buy some treats for everyone, and as a tradition from Jake's family, we have always done a treasure hunt for JJ and his presents and I made all of the clues, but we didn't use them. He was so sweet and understanding. All day on Valentine's I kept thinking, I'll do it a little later, and then later I would rationalize even later. I just told him that night that Mommy didn't feel good and we would have to celebrate Valentine's later. He just said, "okay mom" and I couldn't believe how great he was being.

The next day, I did find five minutes of energy to walk out to the car and get the presents, then I was able to stand two more minutes of them looking at their presents before I had to go lay down again. I also had to work on Valentine's day in the office during the day and I was on duty so I couldn't leave campus. Jake had had a surprise planned for me that I totally ruined when I told him I had to work, but in the end, it was fine because I was sick anyways. We went out to celebrate the next Saturday and IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! A whole post on that to come, but this post was meant for complaining.

Our family has always been pretty healthy, but this is not the case lately. While I was sick and Luke was getting over his upset stomach, his manly diaper area was really red and doubled in size, so we took him to an urgent care, because of course it was after hours. He also had a weird bumpy and red rash on his stomach and in the end, they just told us to watch it and gave us some cream for his diaper area. They said he might be reacting weird to a virus. Once he got better from that he had a horribly runny nose and a nasty sounding cough. Then each person in the family had the runny nose and gross cough. All the tissue use and coughing was over in a few days, which I was grateful for, but then there was more.

Out of no where, Luke threw up in the car one day. It was mostly on his clothes, so I was saved from having to wash our new carseat that we just bought a week before. He seemed to be better and when we ventured out he threw up again, but this time on his carseat. We took it apart, washed it and put it back together. All was back to normal and I was ready to post this post that has been waiting to be finished for a few days now.

He had an appetite today so we felt we were really over it and after five minutes in the car this morning, he threw up again in the newly washed carseat. So, home to clean up, take it apart, wash it, put it back together again. In the meantime, he napped and when he woke up he seemed good. I was watching him walk around and then notice the yellow on his clothes. There was poop everywhere! Legs, back, shirt, pants, hair, arms, I don't know how they do it, and especially how they act like they don't care. I had to wrestle him to get him clean and I felt like I was trying to catch and clean a pig. After that scenario, I think we are all good and done, but it's only been half a day. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but now that I'm feeling 100%, I feel like I can handle it all. If you've made it all the way to the end of this post, you deserve a prize!



4 comments:

  1. That was pretty funny! I'm sorry you guys were sick, but you sure know how to laugh at not so great situation! Kudos! Thanks for the chuckle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clips are funny! Glad to hear you guys are feeling better. I HATE those bugs that go around and get the little kids. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks. Sorry you have been suffering so much. I have had the same cough and cold going around with my kiddos and its not fun. So I can honestly say I understand. Hope things are better now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes and Gross!!! That was really funny to read about. "This post was meant for complaining," hee, hee.
    Being the genius that I am, I disassembled Ryanna's car seat one time because of a vomit incident and I washed the padding. Or I should say I TRIED to wash the padding and it just turned into a bunch of big pieces of padding that, like Humpty Dumpty, could not be put back together again. Glad you had better success, but how irritating.
    Glad to see you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete