I looked through my pictures after I wrote this post and found this. It's not the one I was looking for, but it will do. I wasn't feeling so hot that night, and my mom chose my clothes, so I really wasn't loving it. You can see my bucket in the back. No, Jake did not mess his pants, there was some stuff on the picture that I scanned. :) I don't think any of you have seen us when we were "young".I know this is random, but I thought I would share the fact that I love Thai food. I really do love most foods though, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, and the list goes on and on.
Here is where my love of it started...When Jake and I were dating, I had told him that I had always wanted to try Thai food, but never had. On Valentine's day 2003, we were on our way to eat dinner. I, of course had assumed he had planned everything for our date, and he drove us to Black Angus. So, it was evident he had planned that we go there, but he didn't think about a reservation.
We squeezed our way in to see what the wait time was and it was a couple of hours. Um, I was too hungry for that. On a side note, I also was pregnant and horribly nauseous when I was hungry, so I distinctly remember having a blue trash can in my lap in case I was going to throw up.
Anyways- he kept driving around trying to find a place to feed me, because I kept moaning and telling him that we could just eat anywhere, McDonalds, Burger King, Off the Grill- a nicer sit down fast food place. I was starting to get really mad at him, not making a reservation, driving around for a half an hour, not just stopping somewhere to feed me and make me happy. I thought I was being an awesome girlfriend offering to let him take me to McDonalds on Valentine's Day!
Eventually he saw a Thai restaurant and stopped. There was no wait and it was a small little hole in the wall place called Touch of Thai. We really enjoyed the food and I was happy that I felt better.
It turned out that Jake was planning on proposing at dinner and did not want to do it at McDonald's. I had NO CLUE, I was just hungry, sick, and getting mad fast! He was so sweet in trying to be romantic for his proposal night.
Anyways, that was a really long story about the start of my love of Thai food. I wonder if I wouldn't love it as much if I wasn't proposed to while eating it. I still want to try many other places, but Jake and I do have three places that we have been to and love: Touch of Thai on Bell Road in Glendale area, Yupha's in the Tempe area, and Siam Orchid around Gilbert and Guadalupe.
Have you ever had Thai food? Do you know any good places to go?
Here is where my love of it started...When Jake and I were dating, I had told him that I had always wanted to try Thai food, but never had. On Valentine's day 2003, we were on our way to eat dinner. I, of course had assumed he had planned everything for our date, and he drove us to Black Angus. So, it was evident he had planned that we go there, but he didn't think about a reservation.
We squeezed our way in to see what the wait time was and it was a couple of hours. Um, I was too hungry for that. On a side note, I also was pregnant and horribly nauseous when I was hungry, so I distinctly remember having a blue trash can in my lap in case I was going to throw up.
Anyways- he kept driving around trying to find a place to feed me, because I kept moaning and telling him that we could just eat anywhere, McDonalds, Burger King, Off the Grill- a nicer sit down fast food place. I was starting to get really mad at him, not making a reservation, driving around for a half an hour, not just stopping somewhere to feed me and make me happy. I thought I was being an awesome girlfriend offering to let him take me to McDonalds on Valentine's Day!
Eventually he saw a Thai restaurant and stopped. There was no wait and it was a small little hole in the wall place called Touch of Thai. We really enjoyed the food and I was happy that I felt better.
It turned out that Jake was planning on proposing at dinner and did not want to do it at McDonald's. I had NO CLUE, I was just hungry, sick, and getting mad fast! He was so sweet in trying to be romantic for his proposal night.
Anyways, that was a really long story about the start of my love of Thai food. I wonder if I wouldn't love it as much if I wasn't proposed to while eating it. I still want to try many other places, but Jake and I do have three places that we have been to and love: Touch of Thai on Bell Road in Glendale area, Yupha's in the Tempe area, and Siam Orchid around Gilbert and Guadalupe.
Have you ever had Thai food? Do you know any good places to go?
Hum... I am not sure if I am adventurous enough to try thai food, maybe one day! The piano that Hunter got for Christmas we found on amazon, and he loves it. It even comes with a little music book (for kids 3 and up), so I thought that was a neat addition.
ReplyDeleteMy mom loves this place called The Pink Pepper. It is a buffet, and my mom loves to go there for lunch break at work. Its on 19th ave and Bell Ave.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Thai food as well. Some favorites- Massman Curry (with Tofu) and Tom Kha. YUM! My favorite place of all is called Pewiit's, but it's in Salt Lake. We go to some other places out here, but nothing compares. I'll have to try Touch of Thai. Warning- never go to Line Thai on Bell- close to Sun City. It's awful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a funny story! He could have proposed in the ball pit!
That's a fun blog! I love seeing a picture of you guys... too bad the earliest picture that Ryan and I have together was not even 2 years ago... and no- I don't know of any places, but let me know when you find out!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I ever knew you loved thai food that much. I have yet to try it myself so we'll have to do so sometime!!
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE Joe's Farm Grill! You are so lucky to live so close. It would be awesome if we could go together!
ReplyDeleteWe didn't get to enjoy any Thai while we were there, I wish I knew that about you and asked. But, I've heard of Siam Orchid since we lived in Gilbert for a year. Nothing tops a restaurant that you were proposed to. It just makes it that much more special! Charlie and I have the same love for Taco Bell anywhere, because that's where we met!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this post!
That's a fantastic picture of you two! You're still "young" and gorgeous! I love trying new food and definitely want to try Thai. I think because I'm not a big Chinese food person I've been behind on experimenting Asian cuisine.
ReplyDeleteOh and Jackie we live like 2 minutes away from Joes Farm Grill! All of us should definitely go!