



Luke has been making a gasping sound for at least a week. I wasn't very concerned because I thought he was just experimenting with different sounds he could make. After a week or so of him repeatedly doing it though, I thought I would call he doctor to ask. Once speaking with his doctor on the phone, she told me to go straight to Urgent Care. We went to the Gilbert Hospital that is right by campus, because we've been there before for JJ's staples and we liked their service. At this point I was a little nervous because of the tone of urgency that was in the doctor's voice on the phone and the fact that she said that it could be nothing, or it could be very serious. Like always, the service was great, and we didn't even have to sit in the waiting room chairs, they called us straight back. They took Luke's vitals and then took us back to a patient room with a bed and everything. That's when I really began to panic. Another doctor came in and checked everything again. I was glad that Luke finally made the sound I was describing to someone at the hospital. I wanted them to hear it firsthand. In the end, the doctor said that he was very healthy and nothing was wrong, but my doctor was right to have me come in because if it was the serious option, which I guess is called Stride(sp?) and it is a closing up of the airway, it would have been very serious. This was Luke's first sickness/scare so far, and I am so grateful that it ended up to be nothing! The video shows the gasping sound that he likes to make. I took some pictures of him on the bed. He looked so little and I wanted Jake to see what it was like. He looks pretty happy in them, so I don't think he was bothered much by the whole experience.
Awww! I would've been worried too! Glad that everything is okay!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad he's alright! He sure looks happy to be at the hospital!
ReplyDelete