Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Had a baby, it's a boy!

I will start off by saying that I spent at least a good hour, writing a detailed story about the delivery and everything, mostly for my own record, but for the blog as well, to only find out once I returned to it to finish, everything was gone! (Wow, there was a lot of commas in that sentence) I returned again to do it and the same thing happend for a second time. I have been very frustrated and have not wanted to return back to this and do it, but here I am. I will share a very watered down version, which will probably still seem long, and if I leave out any details that you want to know, just leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Okay...

I told my doctor that I didn't want to go past my due date because I thought the baby was bigger than they were guessing. He wanted to schedule me before my due date when he would be on shift, but they were so booked I didn't get in until he was off. They collapsed a vein trying to put in the IV and they gave me pectocin(I don't know how to spell it) and several times went up and down with the dosage because it was putting the baby in distress. They would rush in and start giving me oxygen and check all of my information on the computer. After giving me an epidural, which was pretty painful- for a long time, the progress started to slow again. My doctor who wasn't on call anymore was in the hospital to do a couple of surgeries and he stopped by to check on me. The epidural wore off after a little bit and they could never get me numb again. They tried several different times to give me more medication and we eventually decided to do another epidural. They left to get ready for it and my doctor stopped by to check on me again. I told him that I thought I was ready to push and he and nurses barely had time to get gloves on and catch the baby- or so it felt like. He came out with one arm up and the cord under the other arm and around his neck. No wonder he was having a hard time! I felt everything before, during, and after. The stitching might have been the most painful and when I told the doctor he said that I shouldn't have been feeling anything and he gave me some Novocaine. He wasn't crying when they put him on my chest and it made me nervous. I kept asking if he was breathing, and everyone had to reassure me several times that he was fine. He was 9lbs 5oz and 21 inches long. His head was 15 inches plus the arm that was up too. It ended up being about 16 hours.

Okay, I'm done now. It is my goal to stay more on top of this blog and please, please bug me about it if it's been a long time. I don't really feel like people look at it, so if I'm reminded then it would help. Here's a slide show of pictures but you don't have to sit and look at them all, there are a lot of them. If you click on the pictures, it will take you to a website where you can look through them at your own speed and save them if you want.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tiff, I love you blog and look at it all the time for updates on you and your family! Sorry that we didn't get to see you guys last time we were there, it was crazy, crazy, crazy! But hey hopefully we all can go camping this summer!! Rachell Massey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a rough labor!! I bet you're glad it's over and that Luke is here safe and sound!
    Can't wait for another post and pictures... ;)

    ReplyDelete