Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fun Date Attempt

I'm not sure if this will post from back when this post was started, or now, which is many years later as I actually finish the post.  I wanted to do something fun for a date with Jake.  It might have been fueled by the fact that I read A LOT of the blog The Dating Divas.  So much so that I had gone to the first post and then read forward until I had read them all.  I was totally into it and really wanted to make it happen for us.  I still do, but I also have realized that Jake has never been "that guy".  The guy who jumps through hoops, gives up an arm and a leg, and exhausts all efforts planning an elaborate date.  I have always wished he was.  But he never was, even when we were dating, so I guess I'm silly for thinking one day he would be.  Don't get me wrong about Jake.  He's romantic.  He's sweet.  He's thoughtful.  And I love going on dates with him.  It's just in his own way that I appreciate.  This isn't about how he is though.  This is about me. :) Here's a date that I planned.  It was great.  It was fun.   It was different than our usual.  And we haven't done anything like it since, so I guess I'm not going to change either.  

Here's what he walked in to. 




Here's some clues




We went to eat at Rally's




I took him to an extreme sports event.  It was fun for something different.  

No comments:

Post a Comment