My friend Teresa came over and we stayed up WAY too late talking about all sorts of subjects. I met some friends at Barro's and Luke didn't really play until they had all left and instead played with some other kids. I've noticed a lot more about him since we've left that Montessori and just been at home together. He gets easily flustered and doesn't like a lot of noise or chaos. The more kids in a play place, the more he will just sit there and not partake in playing. On this day, JJ got made fun of again and was pretty distraught. We looked at pics of hats online and he felt a lot better. We happened across a picture of the blues brothers and I tried explaining who they were and JJ quickly filled me in on how he knew what the "blue's" were. "It's when they take a song that's already written and re-sing it and say (in a soft and smooth tone) 'ba, ba, baaa, ba, ba'" It's really hard to describe, but it was super cute and funny to watch him attempt to scat the blues. I also finally found a price for a criagslist posting of a Moby wrap that I was willing to pay, and we picked it up on this day. I just couldn't bring myself to pay the $55+ it costs in a store for something I could easily make myself. The only problem was I didn't know when I would actually get around to sewing one and I needed one immediately. Charlie had been sniffily and needed me to hold him all the time and I just wasn't getting anything done around the house that needed to be done. I told myself I'd buy one and see if I liked it and make some more if I did, later. (And to report, I LOVE it!!) This day was a big day for Jake too because he was in charge of leading a strategy activity called flickerball. I haven't posted much about him because he keeps telling me he's not sure if I should. I decided that once this is all done and over I'll post more details and pictures of it. Just know that it is and has been extremely hard, and especially being a "non prior" and coming in as a "civilian". He led his team to victory and did a good job as being a flight leader. This was a culminating thing for him because it was his last homework assignment as part of his remake period. Again, I'll fill you all in later. He called and I got to chat with him for a little which is a rare occurance. He always calls at a difficult time though. This time is was right as I was meeting with the seller for my Moby wrap. When he calls, or texts, I always feel like I have to stop everything I'm doing and savor the moment. If I don't, then I miss out on the opportunity until whenever he can get back to me on the next day or two. When I talked with him he said he had a major headache and luckily had a spare 30 minutes to nap, so we hung up so he could.



 |
| Ah Barro's. we will miss you! |
 |
| Watching tv |
 |
| Look, no hands! |
I miss Barro's A LOT! In fact when I was in town last and Melissa and went, I cried! It's such a huge part of our lives! Love that place!
ReplyDeleteI miss Barro's A LOT! In fact when I was in town last and Melissa and went, I cried! It's such a huge part of our lives! Love that place!
ReplyDeleteOK, i SERIOUSLY need to meet your little dude! Lets get together, ya ya ya... not joking. I might just have to drop by one of these days!
ReplyDelete