Sunday, November 13, 2011

Let me be still...

We didn't go to church today because JJ has a bit of a cough that I didn't want to spread around, but I got my spiritual fill from this sweet, sweet video that was posted by Jake's family.  Jake's Great Aunt Donnie is in town for a family wedding that we went to last night.  I can tell by the video that they are sitting on Jake's parent's back porch, one of my favorite places to be.  We sit there, talk, grill, share parts of our lives, our testimonies, our fears, and our joys.  We have sat on that porch for many, many hours, with lots of different people from friends to family, celebrating births, holidays, and lives lost.  I will miss that porch dearly once we move, but we'll always be able to come back it. :)  I don't know the background story to this video, but I don't need to.  It is precious.  It is Jake's grandmother's sister, and her spirit is so sweet.  I have been trying to post daily on facebook things that I am grateful for, and I'll put them on here too, just to document for journaling, but this is mine today.

I am so grateful for the sweet family I have married into.  Jake and his family are not LDS, and there are many times that I find difficulties with that, but I love them so much, and wouldn't trade them for a second.  I want to and will be with them forever, sealed for eternity one day.  I knew that when I accepted Jake's proposal, and even though I doubt sometimes, I still know that today.  He has come from a great family, with values, friendships, love, and faith.  They teach me and bless me everyday.



5 comments:

  1. What a tender soul she is. I love this. "It's a sin to worry." What a beautiful reminder about letting God be in the one in charge - since He already is anyways! Thanks for posting, Tiffany. I'm following you now :) -Crystalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...Thanks for sharing Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the song she sang... That's a sweet spirit she has alright...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're killing me.... hasn't something exciting and WONDERFUL and picture worthy happened since this post? hmmm? hmmm? You don't have to write anything but I need me some chubby baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete