Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blog catch up July Summary

Again, there might be repeats, and they are out of order, but this is for me, so who cares.  I just want to document the stories!

We went camping in July. We were trying to go to some hidden swimming hole with really awesome water and jumping cliffs but the traffic was backed up a few hours, so we scratched that idea and planned on doing it some other time.  Now that we're moving, I don't know when we'll get to try it. :( On the way there, we passed by this old school house and I was dying to stop and see it.  It was soooo cute and I am just fascinated with old one room school houses! I'll blog more about this on my teacher blog, sometime. 

Jake made a rope swing when we were camping. 





Here the boys are watching a big bug climb on the tree.  

What I did not get pictures of is JJ trying to get it, "accidentally" flinging it on Luke, Luke FREAKING OUT screaming about a bug on him, us all trying to get it off as it climbed all over Luke, and then Jake chasing down JJ and putting it on him to teach him a lesson, and JJ sobbing because of the bug on him experience.  This all happened right as we were pulling out for camping.  Ya, we ended on a good note. 

We also finally got to stop by and see the floated bridge.  It was a last minute decision by Jake and I was happy because I've always wanted to go.  Didn't know it was so much walking/climbing around.  Didn't come prepared with water or snacks.  Didn't know it would take so long.  Still, I loved it though, and am glad we did it because again, who knows when we'll be back to AZ and have time to see sights like these. 




















We passed through a little town that was having a 4th of July celebration.  It was so cute.  I just love little towns!



Even though we didn't get to that hidden water area, we did try to go until we were told to turn around.  It was all dirt road.  Bumpy dirt road.  And we had gone at least 20 minutes on it until we were turned around, to enjoy another 20 minutes of it. 


JJ bought a geode with his grandpa at a rock shop, and he finally got to crack it open.  I would not be surprised if JJ chooses to be a geologist one day. 

Here's the school house, isn't it so cute!



The outhouse, locked up by the way. 

Inside of a cute small town shop with knick knacks. 

I've wanted to get ice cream at this little shop forever, so we finally did.  It didn't disappoint. 









For Jake's birthday, I made him a breakfast in bed of cinnamon roll pancakes and bacon.  They were  SOOOOO delish and my new favorite breakfast meal.  I haven't made it again, but I keep dreaming of it.  :)

Luke helping Dad with his workings.  We put the two separate beds together for a bunk bed.  



We were able to go to the All Star game and even acquired  free tickets to the Fan Fest from a friend.  We were able to bring Jake's sister Megan along too. 





Megan got me meet some of the original female ball players.  She was shaking from excitement.  They even invited us to hang out at their hotel with them.  That's right, we're cool. 














Calling mom to tell her. 











JJ got to try on some fancy tennis shoes and compete with other children through an obstacle 
course.

I've been trying to braid my own hair and practice a waterfall braid.  Very difficult on yourself. 

Heaven in a skillet




My dad took us to the All Star game.  A memory we'll never forget.  





Poor guy never got shown. 











JJ and organ player. Jake and I went to high school with his son.  I've seen his world series ring. 








Man, these pics make me miss him A LOT right now!










We also had a chance to go meet up with family in Zion Utah.  We stayed in a cabin and we all were there except for my brother Scott's family.  They were in the middle of a move.  Here is my brother Jason and his daughter sharing some cake. 

Cousins

Amazing french toast

with berry butter......mmmmmmm

Jake, my mom, my brother, and sis-in-law all played some volleyball

I tried to get some cool action shots. I'm not great. 









They played until Jake sprained his ankle and couldn't walk.  It was a real bummer, they had planned on playing tennis the following morning too, but Jake's foot was pretty bad. 

On the ride home we stopped to see some buffalo. 

Camping pictures when we were walking around in a creek.

Camping's fun, but this pic describes how much I like it while being 4.5 months preggo.  

Don't get me wrong though, it really was fun, and I'm so glad that we just went for it and did it because that opportunity is gone now.  







I don't remember what they call it, but there was a place where they raise fish and then release them into the waters for fishing.  We visited that place with the boys. 


Luke LOVED the creek. 



The water was FREEZING though. 













Luke fell in, that's why he's shirtless now






Don't you love when you try to get your kids to take pics.  Always blurry, but fun to see us from the angle they see us. :)












Um, don't know what we're doing here, but this is at Jake's parents' house, and we're all sleeping. 




When camping, it was really hot, and then a big storm was coming and we were afraid we were going to get drenched.  We were lucky and it just passed us by. 




















Luke's log that he found that was "just like a gun"!


Again at the natural bridge....



The waterfall dripping from the bridge



A squirrel chilling in a cave



JJ in the cave






Me at the teacher's desk in the schoolhouse


I made this for the 4th of July.  Cookie cake.  Yum. 

This too.  Layered bean dip. 

Jake's view from the All Star game.  We had two sets of tickets.  Three seats up high, and I mean, THE last row, even behind all the AC vents, as high as you can go.  That's where I sat, so my dad and Jake could enjoy this view. :) Way down low. 



Jake's birthday gifts from JJ with his breakfast










JJ buying squished pennies at the fan fest.  One of the many things he collects. 
































The boys made me a welcome back sign after I had gone on a trip.  They even put a show on for me.  











JJ had a pool party for scouts and they got their awards from the day camp.


And ice cream. 

Luke was really into Blue's Clues, so we played a round of it. 





All clues led to us going to the movies. 

When Luke would find them he'd put them on my belly. 

JJ helped draw the pictures



In their "thinking chair" trying to figure it out




I wouldn't be surprised if Luke chooses to be an engineer.  There's a comic strip that Jake and I like, I'll have to put it on here sometime, but it's about a child being diagnosed by a doctor and doomed to engineering because he has "the knack".  Here's an example.  Luke took my gumball machine, took it apart, and put it back together, at least 5 times.  


When we were in Zion, my parents bought all the kids a turn doing something at the rec center.  The boys went with zip-lining. 












Just the usual.


This will be more of a teaser until I get more pics.  Jake's "hunting" trip was to go kill as many of these suckers as he could.  They are diseased and overpopulating an area.  He was invited by a friend, and couldn't resist the chance to shoot some guns, and be helpful to the society. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment