In May, the weekend of our anniversary, Jake's family decided to take their RV to Tucson and camp for a few days. They wanted to take the boys, so we could have a weekend alone, and we gladly let them. They all had a great time and went to Cowboy Days in Tucson. The boys still talk about camping and all the things that they did when they were there. Our weekend alone didn't really go as planned. Jake got a call from work, at this time everyone at his work had been laid off except for him and his boss, and they were going to be locked out of their building that following Monday so Jake and his boss were going to have to move all of the office stuff to a new location. What? Why them move it all you ask? That's what I said. I'll spare you all the grumbling, but Jake spent ALL weekend, except for a couple of hours for him and I to go on a date to the Wrigley Mansion and to see Inception, moving what they could manage to a new location. That was just the first of much more moving for Jake and his boss. :( I was stuck at home, alone, on our anniversary weekend. I did get a lot of deep cleaning done though. That's a plus. :) Here's what the boys did....
 |
| Panned for gold |
 |
| Explored |
 |
| Camped about 10 feet away from this rattlesnake! Eek! |
 |
| Enjoyed snacks |
 |
| Found rocks |
Funny story about this. JJ is obsessed with rocks. Jake's mom brought a whole bag of colorful rocks that she was going to hide outside for them to "find". JJ brags to everyone he knows when he shows his collection that he found these rocks in the desert and they always look so confused. Luke's story about the rocks is that he "stomped" them. He loves to talk about how when he would see one he would jump on it and when JJ tells his part of the story, Luke has to tell everyone that he stomped them.
 |
| Played on ipods |
 |
| Everyone played on their phones |
 |
| Flew a kite |
 |
| Look at that goofy hair! |
 |
| Luke's other story he loves to tell EVERYONE we meet, and what I think sold him on camping, is that he got to pee on the fire. Yep, he tells everyone. This is not a pic of that, but it made me think of it. |
 |
| They got to eat pancakes and juice |
 |
| Hot chocolate, although Luke's looks like it might be spiked. :) |
 |
| Oh my gosh, that hair! I don't think I've told the story of how my parents got their hair trimmed, that's for another post. |
 |
| Had ice cream and went to a toy/candy store |
 |
| Played with a lizard |
 |
| Drove a car |
 |
| Got to see "real" cowboys do a shooting scene in the street. Luke also got a gun, holster and belt. |
 |
| More "real" cowboys :) |
 |
| Rode horses |
 |
| Got to spend time with Uncle Stu and Aunt Meg |
 |
| Never took his belt and gun off |
 |
| Quenched their thirst...I love this pic |
Thanks so much Gammy and Paca Joe for taking the boys with you!! They'll never forget it!!
Looks fun but I still can't see why AZ people camp in the desert. I'm more of a flagstaff, prescott kind of camper. I need trees!
ReplyDeleteThat looked like the funnest camping trip ever. I can't believe that snake!!!!
ReplyDelete