Jake just turned 26, so I decided to do one of those classically typical blog posts about some reasons why my husband is the best. I love you hun!
- He has always been a gentleman and agrees to do silly things for me like order my food, and open my doors and pull out my chairs.
- He is so stinking cute, no matter how long or short his hair gets, how much hair he grows, shaves, or trims in weird ways, he’s still very kissable to me!
- He likes to be handy, build things and try to diy(and it all turns out well).
- I love to see how he interacts with his mother, sister, grandmothers, and other female relatives. The way a man treats the women in his life speaks volumes.
- He is an incredibly hard and loyal worker. He has had his share of hard jobs and coworkers, but he always does his job to the best of his ability, tries to improve what he can in the company, and be grateful for what he has.
- He is smart and wise. Not only is Jake book smart about mathematical and crazy abstract spacey science, but he also has always been wise beyond his years.
- He is very careful and frugal with money and I attribute all that we have been able to do over the years to his hard work and careful planning. I’ve always felt like that we will never be without
- I love that he enjoys learning and practicing magic. It’s one of the things that sealed the deal for me when we were dating. It’s so fun to watch him!
- He has great taste in music and allows me to sing any songs I want at the top of my lungs. Even when we were dating we enjoyed listening to his mix CDs complete with Ben Folds, Reel Big Fish, Moulin Rouge and You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown.
- He is a great father to our boys. I love to see him wrestle with them, tickle them, teach them to swing a bat, and make paper airplanes. He has always been very involved in their lives and helpful where I’ve needed it.
- His love of baseball. I still say that I only go to sporting events for the food (because that’s partly true), but I love to be with him when he’s in the zone. I love to watch him play baseball (and yes, partly because of those pants), but mostly because I love to see him doing something that he has always loved to do. I hope he can play for the next 26 years.
- He is technologically saavy. He helps me stay up to date on the latest trends and I can rely on him to fix things that I don’t get or that I’ve messed up. J
- He listens to me. He listens to me go on and on. He listens to me talk about my interests even though he probably doesn’t care.
- He is confident and has helped me feel more confident. I don’t know how he is so steady headed, but when I start to waver, he knows how to boost my spirits.
- He is really funny and witty. He is just like his dad in many ways, whom I think is a wonderful man. After eight years of marriage, I am now finally getting to where I can recognize when he is joking and when he is being serious. I don’t know how to describe it, you just have to get to know him, but he’s one of the funniest guys I’ve ever known.
- He is taller than me and has big hands. I know that sounds silly and superficial, but I like that I feel safe when I’m with him, comfortable when we’re hugging, and it was when we were holding hands once in high school, one specific instance, that I knew he was the one for me. He was going to protect me and take care of me with those hands.
- He is great with babies. All I really know about is our own, but I love to see the way that he looks at them, holds them, and talks to them. It melts my heart.
- He has the perfect mix of need for planning and spontaneity. We both tend to be strategic in our thinking, and also like change and last minute whim decisions. I love that we both mesh so well in this way.
- He likes to party, eat, and entertain like I do. He’s tends to be the calm, collected one, and I like to get loud and silly, but we both enjoy it all the same. I love that he understands me and lets me be weird.
- He is a really great cook! I usually do the cooking, but when I need/force him to step up, he blows me away with the food that he just whips up. I think it’s time to switch our roles when it comes to the kitchen.
- He is flexible and usually let’s me make the decisions such as where to eat, what to watch, what to do. I can get annoyed with this, but really, he is pretty much every girl’s dream and I’m lucky to have him!
- He has plans and dreams for the future. He is not just moving through life, he’s working toward bigger and better things.
- He stays himself. He still likes what he likes. He tries to do what he likes to do. He hasn’t morphed into doing everything like me, with me, or because of me. This is something that we have both always wanted. I love that.
- He has given me three sweet blessings from heaven and changed my life in so many ways. He has made me a better person and taught me a lot about myself.
- He enjoys food as much as I do. It’s nice to have someone else as obsessed about something as yourself. J
- He is mine. All mine. I get to be with him forever.

I love that you did this, Tiff. It's very sweet. Now I feel like I know Jake a little better, although I have always thought he was a pretty great guy.
ReplyDelete