Before I even go into the date, can I just say that I think trying to take those type of cool, mirror, "I don't care", nonchalant types of pictures are REALLY, REALLY hard to do! Every now and then I think that I look kind of cute, so I think to myself, "Sure, I'm going to give this another go. It's not going to be so hard this time around. How bad can they turn out when I look so good today?" Let me just tell you, I just take a couple and then I am reminded that the pictures can turn out very, very bad even though I look okay that day.
I can get the double chin thing going on, the lack of chin, the dark circles under my eyes glaring, the fat pastey arm on the side of the pic, the evil eye angles that make me look possessed, and on and on...Now I can hear you saying, these look pictures look pretty okay. Well let me tell you, these are the best of the bunch, the others are downright scary! I usually give up disappointed and feeling like I am taking way too much time for this stupid picture that isn't really important, it was just to make me feel slightly cool and hip. (I know that lowers my actual cool factor by saying "hip") This time around I told myself I WAS NOT going to quit until I got an okay one. It really did waste too much time out of my life.
Am I the only who has these kinds of thoughts? Don't tell me if you don't, it will make me feel dumb. If you do, by all means please make me feel like I'm somewhat normal!
Onto our date. Jake has tried several times in our marriage to surprise me and I always seem to sabotage it somehow by not knowing that he was planning anything and ending up taking too long or doing something else. It always ends in frustration for both of us. This time around, I think we learned. He told me he was taking me somewhere and when to block out. We got a sitter and were there on time and ready to enjoy! He took me to the Glendale Food Festival. He got tickets on groupon, so half price is always good, and we went to downtown Glendale. There were a whole bunch of restaurants that had booths there and you were able to have samples of their food and drinks(which we didn't take advantage of because they were all alcohol) at each one. Two of them were restaurants that had been featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives, which mean they were on my list to try! We could never find of them, so I think they must not have shown up, but we'll have to try that one some other time.
Each booth had a different set up, some had it all prepared, some took your orders and made it there in front of you (pictured is our crepes being made), some were super slow, and some were quick enough we might have had it a few times. ;) Our favorite technique was to wait in a long line and take turns going to short ones to get food to eat while waiting. We ended up having: meatballs, Asian salad, cornbread, chili, chips and salsa, chips and queso, spicy gourmet shrimp tacos(Jake's fav!), marinara pasta, white lasagna, energy drinks, chocolate and caramel crepes, chocolate dipped strawberries, enchiladas, sliders, BBQ pork sandwiches, chicken burgers, bean and rice, green chile pork, and on and on. We were STUFFED by the time we were ready to leave.
Before we left, I made Jake come with me to my new favoritest store, The Pink House. Everything there is just so dang cute! Everything is totally my style! I so wish I had money to buy ANYTHING from there! Here's a pic of some adorable shoes that they had I would LOVE to own! They were all wedges. I think they were at least $70, which is like $50 more than I have ever paid for shoes. I know, I'm cheap.
Thank you Jake for taking me out and stuffing your face with me! :)











I also do a photoshoot of myself before dates. I don't know why I do it though because it usually shoots my confidence way down! Mirrors and pictures have 2 very different opinions. And you do look way hot in those pictures. I love your hair and your dimples are so cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat is a date? You look super cute aka hip!
ReplyDelete