Thursday, July 30, 2009

Some videos to share

We recently hiked Mt. Timpanogos with some family in Utah and while there, Jake and I were talking about this video we had seen. It's pretty amazing and Jake thinks he would be willing to try it one day. I think I might poop my pants. I have bungee jumped and would do it again any time, but this might be a little too much for me. I'll never say never though. This actually reminds me of my dreams when I'm flying. I have them quite a bit, but I usually am flying kinda like the frog stroke(if that's actually a term, I don't know) in swimming.








wingsuit base jumping from Ali on Vimeo.


This video wouldn't let me embed it, but it is specifically for you Audrey. I was mentioning it to her because it's my ringtone and she said she hadn't seen it. Jake and I loved it when we first saw it and it still amazes me. For anyone who hasn't seen the treadmill video by OK GO, enjoy!!


Click here.OKGO


Jake came home one night from visiting with his family and told me that he had to show me a video. His brother, Trenton, loves to show us clips of the Conan O'Brien show, and on this particular night, his mom kept telling Trent to show Jake this certain clip. So this is what he was shown and then shared with me. WARNING** I wouldn't watch this with children or your Bishop around- it might be a little uncomfortable. :) But definitely do with your spouse! Watch at your own risk, but don't worry, there is no total nudity, and it was on tv, which doesn't really say much, but still, a little. I think it is pretty frickin' amazing!!!** In case you want to get a feel for it before you watch, this was my inner dialogue as I am watching it for the first time:
  • Cirque du soliel, cool, I LOVE them!
  • Wow, those are weird outfits
  • Wait, this is what your mom wanted you to see!
  • How did you feel while she's sitting right there?
  • Jake, I'm not so sure about this...
  • That lady in black looks like she's wearing hardly anything on top
  • What's the big deal with this video? There's nothing great going on
  • I'm starting to feel bad for watching this
  • She's being pretty rough with them
  • Man, she's pretty strong!
  • Is she spinning with only her butt cheeks?!
  • She's got to be wired up somehow! There's no way!
  • Oh my gosh, splits on a pole! No way, we've got to rewind this!





  • I've got to post this!! Well, what are people going to think of me?!
  • Well, if they really know me, they'll know I think this is cool.
  • Well, anyone would think this is cool, right?
  • Oh, well, I'm going to do it anyways, 'cause I do think it's cool, and I don't really care.
  • Well, maybe I do a little, but I've got to expose my friends to some culture. :) LOL

4 comments:

  1. Hey! You were in town? Shoot, I would have come said hello. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm too chicken to watch the last video, but I feel like I did by reading your thoughts ;)
    That flying video...my eyes popped out of my head and then my brain exploded. I had no idea that was even humanly possible. Can you imagine if you knew nothing about wingsuits, which I didn't until today, and you were just driving down the street one day and saw someone flying like that! WOW--that was amazing. The treadmill video rocks! I can't wait to show my husband those two. Don't be surprised if you see 8 treadmills in my house someday =D ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that pole dancing thing was ceazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never think of posting this...you are so funny! We're related right?

    ReplyDelete