Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Squirrels don't wear helmets..."

Can you guess where JJ is going with this conversation?


I'll post the rest of the discussion later tonight or tomorrow morning.






"Squirrels don't wear helmets...(long pause leaving me curious as to what he was talking about)...so... why does Sandy wear one?"

It took a me a little bit to realize that he was talking about Spongebob, but not too long because this has been a recurring theme in our house. EVERYTHING that happens at our house can always be compared or tied back to Spongebob via JJ. I compare it to the Kevin Bacon game that people play. JJ can find a way, no matter the topic(I think he's even tied Jesus and church topics before) back to an episode or experience Spongebob had.

Going back to the original quote, I tried to explain why Sandy wears a helmet, but he either wasn't listening or just wasn't trying to really get it, and in the end we both gave up. It's hard to explain how it's air in the helmet when it just looks like the water around.

The attempt to explain went on for about five minutes and the whole time I kept thinking, "Am I really trying to explain a squirrel living underwater and who breaths water and who breaths air from a fake show?" The culmination of the whole conversation was JJ deciding, "I want to learn to breath water when I get older." I'm not sure how my explaining got him to that point. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. hahah I liked how you compared the Spongebob thing with the Kevin Bacon thing.

    ReplyDelete