Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thoughts I had at McDonalds today

  • WARNING: THIS IS A REALLY LONG POST ABOUT NOTHING AT ALL IMPORTANT.
  • "That boy that just came in has a rat tail. Those are so weird looking. Why would anyone want to do that? I just don't get it.
  • You really don't see those everyday. Well, I guess I saw that one a couple of weeks ago. I remember I texted Jake because I couldn't believe it. It was a lady with a rat tail! So gross. Only in Wal-mart. Oh, that reminds me of the Wal-mart Bingo card my family emailed. So funny! Jake and I filled it up in no time.
  • Really, what is with his hair? It looks like it was spiral curled with a curling iron. I think it was. Oh my goodness, that is weird.
  • Oh, his dad has one too. I can't believe it, two rat tails in one day, and I'm not at Nascar, that's got to be a record! I see the dad's is curled too. I wonder if he does it for them or the mom. I can not even picture them taking out the curling iron and curling that one little piece.
  • The more I look, the more I find new things. The boy is wearing a fauxhawk with the rat tail. Too many weird hairstyles at once, it's over kill! The dad's head is bald under that baseball cap. Why would you be bald but then keep a patch of hair, on the side of your head, with a rat tail? This is so bizarre.
  • Wait, that rat tail is on the side of his head. Is the boy's too? It is! This must be a new breed of rat tail. It's on the side of their head. It looks like a side ponytail but it's not. It's not even a little patch of hair, it's a good three inches squared. Those look so weird.
  • I wonder if I can subtly take a picture with no one noticing. Maybe I can pretend I'm texting. I've heard of people doing that. I don't even know how to make this new phone camera work though. It's too risky. Man, I wish someone was here to talk about it with later. I'll never be able to describe how awesome it is.
  • I wonder how long it would take to get JJ's hair to grow a rat tail. Man, my parents would HATE that. Jake's might think was funny. For a little while at least. It would look so dumb but be so funny and frickin' sweet if JJ had one. I could never do that to him though.
  • How do people still have them? When were they ever cool and why? Could it be tied to the Indian beliefs in having long hair, and they just didn't want to have it all long. I can't believe I am actually relating rat tails to Indian culture beliefs. I wonder if I could google and find out when they started."
  • As a side note- When we first walked into McDonalds there was a teenager who had a huge curly white wig on. I assumed it was crazy hair day at school or something and didn't think much of it. JJ on the other hand notice a few minutes later as we were sitting down and his eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped a little, he laughed, and he stared.
  • I just explained to him that it was a wig, like at Halloween time, and my theory about crazy hair day. Then, I thought I could quickly explain to him what staring was and that we shouldn't do it. I'm not sure he really gets it and he was pretty confused the whole time because he thought he couldn't look at anyone at all.
  • I mention this because I didn't realize till I was writing this, that I ended up "looking" at the rat tail family for a good amount of time. I was not staring, but I did take every opportunity I could to look at them and observe this new "do". This really only worked when they were ordering because they were facing the other way and it made it easy to look without the risk of being caught. :)
  • If you want more info on rat tails, you can click here and here.
  • I'm sorry if any of you or your loved ones have rat tails, have had rat tails, or want to get a rat tail. Well, not really, I'm not sorry. They are just so weird looking! Really, what's the point of them?
  • Have any of you ever taken a picture of someone without them knowing just so you could show it to someone else later?
  • I almost did, and I kinda wish I had.

6 comments:

  1. Rat tails are one of the strangest hair phenomenon, I agree. Not good looking at all, and the name really does pretty much describe it.

    You are funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, saw some examples, and ewwwww!!

    Tiff, you have to stop going to McD's! You keep finding the "weirdies!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so we went to the mall the other night, and at KB Toys there was this boy- probably 13 or 14- with his mom. The mom looked normal. The boy was completely decked out in skin tight "gothic" clothes, dark circles around his eyes, chains hanging everywhere, and walking with a CANE! The worse part, though, was his hair. The top was dyed reddish and a comb-over style, the sides and back were shaved... except for the disgusting rat tail at the bottom. I couldn't help but stare and give the mom shameful looks. :-) Who lets their children do things like that to themselves???

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh come on now, how could i not write you a thank-you card??? i was truly grateful!!! Your boys are so dang cute. and i'm very glad you don't let them grow rat tails. those are so nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder where it comes from a cultural thing?? If so what culture?? I like to watch people so when different looking people like that come into an area I am in I watch all the reactions to them and try really hard not to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tiffany! I just sent your proofs to your hotmail address. Please let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete